It turns out what you don’t know can kill you. Here’s some facts about toxic chemicals found commonly in household and beauty products. How much do you know about what you’re putting on your skin?
5 SURPRISING FACTS ABOUT CHEMICALS FOUND IN COSMETICS
- Chemicals commonly found in cosmetics have been linked to cancer, birth defects, learning disabilities, asthma, and other illnesses.
- Just because a product says they are “natural” and “organic, doesn’t mean they are. These terms have no legal definition. They call this greenwashing.
- The Food and Drug Administration does NOT require all ingredients to be listed in a product. If the chemicals that are listed are toxic, how bad are the ones that aren’t?
- The average woman wears 515 chemicals daily, and uses about twelve personal care products.
- There are only 10 banned ingredients in the U.S., but more than 1,400 in Europe. If they are already skin smart in other countries, why not in America?