1. Flushes out toxins.
Your body is a beautiful thing, but must me properly nourished to maintain a healthy balance. The kidneys are a good example of this and do the job of ridding your body of toxins-as long as you have drink an adequate amount of water.
2. Rids mouth and gums of bacteria.
When you drink water, you produce more bacteria-fighting saliva. This helps to prevent gum diseases and halitosis (a.k.a. bad breath, yikes!).
3. Rehydrates the body. Your body is composed of about 60% water. This assists the functions of your digestion, absorption, circulation, creation saliva, transportation of nutrients, and homeostasis (maintains body temperature).
4. Get supple, smooth skin. Your skin contains quite a lot of water, and works as a protective barrier to prevent excess fluid loss. Dry skin can look dull, cracking, and older. Keep your skin hydrated and supple.
5. Helps you stop calorie counting. Food with high water content tends to look larger, meaning that they take longer to chew. Therefore, being absorbed more slowly by the body. This keeps you feel fuller longer and prevents you from over-eating. Some great water-rich foods are fruits, vegetables, oatmeal, broth-based soups, and beans.
6. Re-energizes muscles. Cells that don’t maintain a balance of fluids and electrolytes can deteriorate, which can mean muscle fatigue and loss. Your performance can suffer if muscle cells aren’t properly hydrated.