September is National Honey Month and so, in honor I have compiled some of the best beauty products and DIYs containing honey.
Honey is great for a multitude of purposes and is one of my favorite ingredient to add in DIYs.
- It’s anti-bacterial, extremely healing, nourishing, and has a natural bleaching effect which is great for highlights in the summer and for treating dark spots on the skin.
- Honey is beneficial as an acne treatment, hair conditioner, face mask, and everything in between.
- It is also rich in antioxidants and has a natural pH balance of 4.5, which helps to bring your skin into balance.
- This liquid gold contains many nutrients and minerals essential to healthy skin, including vitamin B, iron, potassium, and calcium.
- In beauty products it can also act a humectant, helping to retain moisturize for supple, smooth skin.
Living Nature Manuka Honey Gel
This gel is amazing for treating blemishes. If ever an unfortunate pimple pops up, I just apply this and rest easy knowing that it’ll heal quickly without any peeling or redness.
Wedderspoon 100% Raw Organic Manuka Honey Active 16+
I use this honey in all my at-home remedies and concoctions. I have had such amazing results with this and always have one on hand. If my skin is ever out of wack, I can easily whip up a face mask with this. I’ve even heard others using raw honey as a facial cleanser, something I’m interested in trying.